applying to our program
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Brown University Pediatric GI Fellowship Program! Every year, we invite residents from a variety of backgrounds to come and visit our campus and interview with our program. Our GI fellows are accomplished individuals coming from medical school and residencies where they demonstrated tremendous clinical acumen, humanism in medicine, community service and most importantly, collegiality. Graduates of our program go on to be leaders in their field and our goal is to provide all GI fellows the training and opportunities for them to achieve their goals.
We recognize this is an unconventional interview season
We understand these are unprecedented times and the virtual aspect of this interview season makes applying even more stressful. However, we will all get through this together and hope this does not dampen your passion for pediatric gastroenterology.
The fellowship team will be reviewing applications beginning early August and we will be sending out interview invitations by the middle to end of August.
We are accepting applications for 2 positions from physicians who have completed pediatric residency.
We will be hosting virtual interviews through the Zoom platform this fall for the 2021-2022 season on consecutive Thursdays and Fridays from the beginning of September through the beginning of November.
Your Interview Day will Include:
- A welcome and introduction from the program director
- Several one-on-one interviews with selected faculty
- Dedicated meeting time with our current fellows
- A virtual tour of Hasbro Children’s Hospital
Although a virtual platform cannot replace the chance to meet our faculty and fellows in person, we hope that you still will be able to get a sense of our program, our personality, and have the chance to ask any questions you might have.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions at any time.
The Brown Pediatric GI Fellowship Training Program accepts applications through the AAMC Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Interviews are by invitation only.
Program: Brown University
Length: 3 Years
Number of Positions 2021-2022: 2
Brown Pediatric GI Fellowship Accreditation ID: 3324321041
Completed ERAS Application includes:
1. Personal Statement
3. Three Letters Of Recommendation
4. USMLE Transcript
Foreign Medical Graduates Must Include:
1. A copy of your ECFMG certificate
2. Copies of all ECFMG/FLEX scores
- Rhode Island Hospital does not sponsor new H-1B visas
- We do not use a USMLE cut off score
- We request at least one year of American clinical experience for IMG applicants
invitation to interview
Invitations to interview are sent via email August – October on a rolling basis.
Interviews take place from the beginning of September through the beginning of November. We will make every effort to accommodate your preference for interview day, but we cannot guarantee the availability of all dates. An email confirming your interview date will be sent to you shortly before your interview day.
When traveling north on I-95, take Exit 18. Bear left at the end of the exit onto Thurbers Avenue. At the traffic light, take a right onto Eddy Street. After approximately 1 mile, you will come to a light at the intersection of Eddy and Dudley Streets. Hasbro Children’s Hospital is on the corner on your left. Continue straight through the light and take a left into the main entrance of Rhode Island Hospital (before the bridge). Eddy Street Lot will be on your right.
When traveling south on I-95, take exit 19. At the end of the exit ramp, bear toward the left. At the traffic light take a right and then an immediate right into the main entrance of Rhode Island Hospital. Public Parking (Eddy Street Lot) will be a short distance on the right
- Be sure to be in the RIGHT LANE of I-195 West (heading toward I-95 North)
- Take exit 1A for Point Street
- At end of ramp, turn RIGHT onto Point St
- At traffic light, turn RIGHT onto Eddy St
- Rhode Island Hospital Main entrance will be on your right (after highway underpass)
- Park in the Eddy St Lot, which will be on your right.
- This lot is directly in front of the Jane Brown Building and a short walk to the main entrances of Rhode Island Hospital and Hasbro Children’s Hospital.